Richmond Battlefield Park Lions Club recognizes the importance of protecting the private information of our members.
Richmond Battlefield Park Lions Club collects personal information about Lions Club members and Leo Club members to facilitate communications with and between our members.
This information is to be used solely to further Purposes including that “to unite the clubs in bonds of friendship good fellowship and mutual understanding” and to conduct its necessary operational activities including:
- Distribution of our newsletter and membership/officer information and updates
- Compilation of membership profiles and trends to support membership growth, extension, and retention programs
- Meeting planning
- Contact information for Lion & Leo leaders
- Furtherance of Public Relations activities
- Support of adopted service programs
- Special advertising, non-dues revenue programs or other purposes in accordance with the Purposes and Objects as determined by the International Board of Directors
- Disclosure of information as required by law or that is pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our site you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you actively choose to disclose (“Active Information”); and use information collected, in a way not visible to you, on an aggregate anonymous basis as you and others browse our site (“Passive Information”).
No Use of Our Site by Persons Under 13
- Caution: No person under 13 should disclose personally-identifying information on this site.
- Richmond Battlefield Park Lions Club will not knowingly permit children 13 and under to establish site user accounts.
- You may learn more about protecting children’s privacy online:
The Children’s Online Privacy Act.
Active Information You Choose to Provide
In order to receive updates via e-mail, we require you to disclose your e-mail address. If you supply us with your postal address on-line, you will only receive the information for which you provided us your address.
Other Active Information includes any other information you voluntarily provide, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
Passive Information Collected
For each visitor to our Website, our Web server automatically recognizes and collects only the consumer’s domain name (where possible), but not the e-mail address. Passive information, such as what content you access or visit, is also collected.
How Do We Use the Information Collected?
- We use Active Information to administer our business activities and provide services, such as support.
- We use Passive Information to gather information about our visitors and to enhance our site to make it easier, faster, and friendlier to use.
We do not connect any Passive Information to your personal information or e-mail address.
The Passive Information we collect is used for internal review to improve the content of our Website and is then discarded.
We use Active Information to notify you about updates to our Website. We do not share Active Information with other organizations unless authorized by Lions Clubs International for the benefit of our members and site users. If at any time you do not wish to receive such information, please e-mail our Webmaster.
Your Information In Relation to Others We Link To
You are able to access other Websites through the Richmond Battlefield Park Lions Club Website. When you do so, you are subject to their policies regarding privacy and data collection—read those sites’ privacy policies to make sure you agree with them before using the sites. You should read their privacy policies to make sure you agree to them.
Sharing Information with Advertisers or Other Third Parties
We will not disclose anonymous information about user habits, characteristics and user patterns, based on aggregate user statistics, to advertisers on our Website.
Sharing Information with the Government or As Otherwise Required by Law
Richmond Battlefield Park Lions Club may be required by law to disclose the Active Information you provide us.
How We Secure Active Information and Passive Information
Richmond Battlefield Park Lions Club secures your personal information submitted by you by using reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, or accidental loss or destruction of Active and Passive Information. Communications you may have with us via e-mail or US Mail may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures are in place prior to your sending information.
Therefore, if you choose to communicate with us through these means, you assume the risk of doing so. We ask that you do not send or post sensitive information through these means.
We Reserve the Right to Revise this policy at our Discretion
Please check back on this site as this policy may be revised from time to time without notice to you.