Services for Children
Millions of children suffer from poverty, homelessness, hunger, abuse, neglect, disease, and disabilities.
Today’s Children Need Lions More Than Ever!
Tragically, these children often must live without essential health and education services that would alleviate their distress—and give them hope for the future. That’s why the Lions Services for Children Program continues Lions Clubs International’s long tradition of helping the world’s future generations.
Lions Services for Children Projects
The problems children face vary in degree from country to country, but the need for health and education services is constant and universal. Lions clubs help address these needs by developing services for children—projects with specific, attainable goals, including:
- Collecting food, clothes, or books
- Organizing a vision or hearing screening
- Providing immunizations through a vaccination drive
- Starting a literacy program with a local school, library, community center, or Leo club
- Supporting a nutritional program for undernourished children
- Securing wheelchairs for disabled children
- Sending a child with diabetes or physical challenges to a specialized camp
Lions have also constructed hospitals, schools, orphanages, and children’s centers throughout the world to serve children in need.